Is this a Knitting Blog - Hot Cake Fashion
Do you have any mini-sweaters from Granny? Something retro or well performed in a multi-colored design? I love my mini-knits saved in the attic and would love to learn how to do that when my hair turns gray and the days gets longer and filled with less to do. But better learn now and enjoy it, so I have started a "Knitting School here at Hot Cake", no don't be alarmed, I won't digg deep into the world of knits forever, just for a few days.
Knits, knits and knitting from Sandra Backlund.
Sandra Backlund's Collection Blank Page..
l will just give some tips on how to exceed in the world of knitting..is it for old ladies?Come on girls, knitting is the new black, grab the needles and go for it, nothing says "I love you" better than receiving a gift from someone that they actually made by hand or when you make it yourself, what pride you'll have when your wearing your own design! And together with that I'll post Fashion Designers that works with Knits, my favorite Designer is a Swedish one, Sandra Backlund who is famous for her creative knits..enjoy!
My favourite Collection from Sandra, body, skin and hair..
Sandra Backlunds Collection A Fashion Tale..Chunky knits Autumn
Sandra Backlund's Last Bruises Collection
No, I haven't got entirely mad just a little smitten by knitting. It could be the rough and gray looking weather that caught me off guard here in New Zealand. I know I have complained a lot of the weather being so cooold, I'm from Sweden for god's sake and should be able to handle anything on the minus scale and it's not that cold here. It's like an mild transaction from hot summer to wetter autumn where leafs are falling and the winds picking up speed and lower degrees. Anyways, what better than cozy up in a Cable Knitted off White Cardigan with wooden buttons in my very own style and design. I promised myself that I would stop dreaming about that garment and just do it, learn it and saddle up with heavy yarn in a creamy color and get started to then show it off here in my Blog, that is if I ever get to Spotlight where I want to buy the yarn. So, yesterday I posted both cable knit inspiration picture and my little beginners knitting School for anyone else ready to get started and best of all be willing to show it off here?
This is a few picks from Sandra's latest Collection..I don't rate the model but the garments are pretty amazing and brings heaps of ideas and inspiration!
Knitting School Today, How to Cast on?
1. How to cast on?Pull the back "ring" through the top one by using a needle.
2. Pull the end to tighten the loop/ring.
3. The slip knot should be about 1 meter from the end of the yarn. Use the right hand, and the yarn 'ball' should be on the right side as well with the yarn thread placed over the index finger, see former blog post..
4. Pull the yarn over your left thumb and insert the needle under the loop, see next picture.
5. Take the yarn over the point of the needle by using your forefinger
6. Pull the loop through to form the very first stitch.
7. Remove your left thumb of the yarn and pull the loose end,this will tighten the stich.
8. Repeat this action until the number of stiches that you want has filled the needle..Depends on the wideness of your design..
This is all for now, otherwise I might just go a bit nuts! All the best and check out yesterdays blog if you missed lesson 1, also..eager to exceed? well check out the site where I have got the information/ learn2knit.co.uk
All the best! Alice